Getting to Know you - getting to know all about you !
Just a little Christmas fun - have a go if you like !
1.Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper - this year I am doing brown paper with lots of lovely coloured ribbons and baggage tags with the photo of the recipient on them - I hope it works out - I love wrapping !!
2. Real tree or Artificial? I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a real tree and we always did in the UK - the biggest we could manage - sadly here to get a real tree is a nightmare - you have to order it - the cost hundreds of pounds and the only arrive on 23 Dec - no good for us I'm afraid.
3. When do you put up the tree? The first weekend of December earlier if I can get away with it !
4. When do you take the tree down? We don't have a certain date that we always take the tree down by - sometime in the new year when it feels right usually does for us.
5. Do you like eggnog? I have never tried the stuff so I have no idea.
6. Favourite gift received as a child? probably my Walkman - I wanted it desperately and was convinced I wasn't getting it so I was so delighted when I opened it up.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My brother and my brother in law - men are so tough !
8. Easiest person to buy for? My two boys they just love most things.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes - three ! A ceramic one and two playmobil ones they are great for the children.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards. E:mail - it is much easier for us here in Oman.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Gosh - can't remember - there have been some doozies !!!
12. Favourite Christmas Movie? Love Actually - makes me cry and laugh every time I see it - infact I might watch it later !
13. When do you start shopping? about the middle of November I would say.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No I don't think so.
15. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? Everything ! I love food too much !
16. Lights on the tree? As many as my husband will let me put on !
17. Favourite Christmas song? Santa Baby by Ertha Kitt - just fab !
18, Travel at Christmas or stay home? Well since we live half way round the world from all our family we do a bit of both. Some years we travel home and some years we stay here - this year we are staying here - doesn't feel all that Christmassy though sadly !
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? No - I always forget them - still I remember the most important one - Rudolf - where would Santa be without his red nose ?!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel - we have the same one every year and I still love it.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Trying to get everyone in the Christmas mood when it is 26 degrees outside and there is not a scrap of Christmas decoration up.
23. Favourite ornament theme or color? Red all the way for me.
24. Favourite for Christmas dinner? Goose - we are doing it this year but my oven is totally unreliable so I am not sure how it's going to turn out.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A new tennis racquet, some clothes and as always as much wool as is humanly possible !
I hope you have got to know me a bit better from that - please do have a go and let me know I'd love to know your answers too.