mooknits

Friday, January 21, 2011

A couple of outfits

We've had rain - it's exciting - it never rains here - but today it has been cloudy and overcast all day - the mountains are covered in thick dark cloud - it won't last - it never does, but whilst it's here it's so lovely to sit inside and knit and watch Murder She Said with Margaret Rutherford - don't you just love Margaret Rutherford - she is so English and so adventurous at her age - she is the perfect Miss Marple for me - feisty and cheeky, and just a bit of a busy body ! I never really liked the Agatha Cristie books - not sure why - maybe I should give them another go, but the TV adaptations of anything Cristie have always been firm favourites with me - I wasn't too sure about Geraldine McEwan as Miss Marple but I thought Julia McKenzie in the recent ones was fabulous. I can't wait to see more. Perfect knitting viewing I think you'll agree





I have a couple of outfits to share with you - I wish I had more to share but I didn't get around to taking photos of a couple of them - the one I wish I had taken a photo of was on Wednesday evening - I went round to a friend's house with a group of ladies that I don't know that well, for a Mojito night - I've never had a Mojito before and wow they were gorgeous and I had a lovely evening as well - bonus - anyway I wore a blue jersey dress that I bought for a wedding last year with a brown belt, grey short sleeved cardigan, red tights and my brown boots - it was a pretty cool outfit I think and I'll definitely try to wear it again before the weather warms us again - I'll make sure I get a photo this time.

Anyway here are the photos I have for you



This was a "I've woken up really late and just need to chuck some clothes on" outfit. The vest top is from New Look, the long sleeve top is from a shop in Bali called Mist, the jeans are from Anthro and the pumps are Sanuk - these pumps are developing a hole in them - I don't know what I am going to do when these shoes are gone - I love them so much - problem is they are fabric and my toes turn up in a funny way and make their way through most materials at some point or another - oh well - I've got a new pair of shoes that I ordered after Christmas coming tomorrow, so I will just have to wear those instead - not if it's raining though, they are sandals !



This was a going to the beach after school outfit - well I wore it all day but I chose it because we were going to the beach. The t-shirt is from Gap and to be honest I usually wear it in bed ! The trousers are from Fat Face and this is the first time that I have worn them and felt comfortable in them. The shoes are Crocs and the cardigan is an old one from Gap - it's a bit faded in places but I was kind of going for a hobo chic look, so I thought it didn't matter !!! I actually got told I looked very preppy, so it was obviously a good outfit !!!

I'm linking up with Lyndsey at the Pleated Poppy for her What I Wore Wednesday feature - really good fun - give it a go if you can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home