mooknits

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Start as you mean to go on !

Well here I am - day one of trying to post my outfits more regularly - here is todays

You have seen most of this before so I won't bore you with too much of a description - the jeans are from Anthro, the shoes are Sanuk, the vest top is from New Look, the top is from Nick and Friends and the necklace is a new one from Monsoon, I bought it in the sale the other day and it's gorgeous, oh and I'm wearing my Lisa Leonard Family Tree necklace too - I love this one and I get lots and lots of comments on it.

I watched the new series of Upstairs Downstairs yesterday - all of it in one go, it was wonderful - I love a period drama, it was perfect sitting in my living room, with a cup of tea and my knitting watching Upstairs Downstairs, it doesn't get much better than that. Anywho, whilst watching this delight I fell in love - not with a character, or an actor although that Spargo gentleman was rather easy on the eyes I won't deny ! No, no, no, nothing so shallow - I fell in love with every single piece of clothing worn by the indomitable Lady Maud Holland - played by Eileen Atkins.



I wish I could find a shop that sold clothes just like the ones that she wore in the series. They were full of texture and colour and just the kind of style that I love.



The jacket that she wore in the final scene of the series was just fabulous - I can't find a picture of it anywhere, but it was fabulous - red with gold embroidery, a beautiful swing shape and just fabulous - I want that jacket and what is more she wore it with peacock blue tights - wonderful. If anyone knows where I can find clothes as gorgeous as this, please do let me know - I feel a development of personal style coming on ! I need to watch the series again just to see her clothes - fabulous - and I have heard it rumoured that they are going to make further episodes of Upstairs Downstairs this year - I can't wait, what with that a further episodes of Downton Abbey, it could be a very period year ! Bring it on I say !



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home