mooknits

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What I Wore Wednesday - Week Three

This week - I didn't do so well on taking the photos. My week was has been a bit mad. Both boys are now back at school, which is great, however, Oscar (my three year old) is only going to school from 7.30am until 10.30am (his big brother finishes at 2.10pm with lots of afternoon activities). So anyway - most shops here don't open until 10am - so really I'm very limited as to what I can achieve in the day at the moment, especially if I want Oscar to have a nap, it takes a while to get him to go to sleep, even when he is madly tired. Anyway - all that is to say, the week has been rather crazy and I missed taking photos on two days - sorry !



This is Thursday - once again a day of breakfast with James, food shopping, chores and then out to dinner with the boys.

The top is from Tesco - a big supermarket in the UK
The jeans are from Fat Face
The scarf is from Zara - I love this scarf I wear it a lot - it covers the shoulders nicely when needed.
The shoes are Crocs



This is Friday, we took the dog for a walk on the beach first thing - it was wonderful, no-one around and we all had a lovely swim in the beauitful blue sea - Biscuit - the dog - loves swimming so much and so do the boys, so it works well. We then went up to the pool for the rest of the day - so all very relaxing really.

The dress is from The White Company
The swimsuit is from Joules
The shoes are Havianas - I love these shoes, but sadly not long after this picture was taken the dog chewed the end of one of them - beastly animal !!! James says he can make it good with a touch of judicious shaving, but I'm yet to be convinced !



Saturday is back to school. After I picked Oscar up from school we had a farewell brunch to go to so I'm a little smarter than usual here ! It's so sad that this year so many of our friends have left Oman - it's a sad fact of Expat life I'm afraid and it does make you somewhat reluctant to make new friends I have to say - many times I have made friends with someone only to see them move on fairly quickly and honestly it's heartbreaking every time.

Anyway the clothes are as follows:

Trousers from Fat Face, still not really sure about these but they are super comfortable for sure !
The vest top is from Zara
The waistcoat is knitted by me - many many years ago, when I could do it up and wear it with nothing underneath - I can't believe that was ever possible but honestly it was - I think I'd just had dystentary and just returned from a long cycle trip in Vietnam, but all the same - life takes its toll I guess.
Shoes were made for me in Bali
Necklace is one of my all time favourites - fabulously large ceramic beads on a satin ribbon, it was a Birthday gift from a good friend and is honestly one of the best gifts I have ever received.



Sunday was exercise and school stuff mainly with rugby for Jacob in the afternoon.

The top is from a boutique here called Nick and Friends they are having a fab sale just now and I bought a few lovely colourful linen tops from there - I love them
The Waistcoat is from a differnt boutique called Totem
The Jeans are from Anthro
The shoes are Crocs - again !
The big long necklace is from a shop here that I can't remember the name of
The small necklace was made and given to me by the friend that just left :( it's lovely x
You can see it a bit better here



Monday and Tuesday were my super busy crazy days and I didn't manage any photos I'm afraid, so here is Wednesday instead !



Today has been a day of school, and meetings about Beavers (it's like Scouts but for little boys) I am trying to set up a new colony here and I've never done anything like it before - I hope it all goes well.

Vest is from New Look
Waistcoat is from New Look
Jeans from Anthro
Shoes Crocs
Necklace is a collection of bits that I have found and bought over the years and then put together into a necklace this is another one of my favourites and you can see it a bit better here.



So that is my week in clothes this week. I'll try to get the full week next week. I am finding that doing this is making me think a little more about what I'm wearing everyday - this a good and bad thing as I have very little time to get ready in the morning and I don't think the husband appreciates the extra time it takes me to get dressed in the morning - still - he'll survive !!

In other news - Oscar had his first play date this week - he had four little friends with their Mum's over and he had a fabulous time - I'm so glad I did it even if my Disney Trivial Pursuit board did get ripped in half !!!

I also picked up the new cushions for my sofa and I love, love, love them - they are pink and turquoise and lime green on my red sofa and wicker chair - would you like to see ? Oh go on then !





What do you think ? gorgeous or gorgeous - yes I know - gorgeous - I agree !!!

Also, Jacob went to a climbing wall party this week - he's never done anything like this before and he did abseiling and everything - he loved it - here he is - all harnessed up. I was wondering if one of these for Oscar might be a good idea - I could string him from the ceiling and he could just swing around the house - worth considering I think !!!



I shall try to post a little more this week, but I'm not making any promises - life is mad and there is no denying it !

3 Comments:

Blogger Dana Rae said...

I love your necklace of bits you have put together through the years. What a great idea.

9:47 pm  
Blogger D Dierks said...

Wow, your mama day is very busy! Great outfits and necklaces again!!!

I have a "Bejeweled Wednesdays" link up for gals like you who like to coordinate jewelry into their outfits. I'd love it if you'd add your link to it and share in the sharing of accessorizing ideas!
Bejeweled Wednesdays@jewelscapes.blogspot

11:44 pm  
Blogger Paige said...

I LOVE your scarf in the first photo! And I gotta say I love your commentary on each day and how the outfit fit into it! :)

Keep making those friends...even if they move. You will make a difference in someone's life. I am an Army brat and moved all the time. I once decided I wasn't going to try to make friends anymore because I was just going to move again. A wise person said to me, "Deciding to not make friends because you might move, is like buying a bag of M&Ms and not opening them and eating them because then they would be gone."

:)
paige

5:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home