mooknits

Monday, November 08, 2010

Crafting

So it's that time of year again - Christmas is coming and my mind is buzzing with crafting ideas, unfortunately, as usual, I have left it too late to make all the wonderful things that I have in mind. I shall have to pick and choose.

Something that is making this MUCH harder is the 12 Days of Handmade Christmas over at Life In Grace - a beautiful blog that I have only just discovered.

”ediexmasbutton”

Man - there are some BEAUTIFUL things over there that I am dying to make. I want those alphabet crayons that Meg made to give to all Oscar's School buddies for Christmas - what a lovely present that would be - unfortunately, I don't have the alphabet moulds - I might have to see if I can get hold of them, I'd think they are beautiful. There are many, many other things I'd like to be making too. I have agreed to knit a cardy and hat for a friends' little girl and they need it before they go back to the UK for Christmas - also I'm big into bunting right now and I've bought loads of Christmas fabrics to make lots of bunting - also I'm making these garlands, but in Christmassy colours, I've cut out probably 280 felt circles - all I have to do now is sew them together - bit nervous about doing it, but I'm taking the bull by the horns and getting on with it.

I have decided to try to make friends with my sewing machine - I have never really had the confidence to use it much and now is the time. I want to be able to sew and I will get on with it. Making bunting has really boosted my confidence !

On top of all of this, I have agreed to make chutney's and pickles to selll at the school Christmas fair. I am having trouble finding enough jars to use and it's quite frustrating, I need to put out an appeal to all my friends, or try again to find somewhere to buy them here - I'm not having much luck with that though - my fall back position will be to find the cheapest item in a jar that I can in the supermarket and reuse them - I don't want to waste the contents though - so this really will have to be a last resort.

We have got some holiday coming up soon. We are going to try to go to Dubai for a few days which will be fun - the boys love it up there and I can go to Ikea and buy Christmas decorations and the like, so what's not to like - I love going to Ikea.

So that's that then. I'm off to be crafty - I love that I'm feeling the craft again - I have missed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home