mooknits

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Ooooh - The Colour is Back

I have been a little light on colour recently - usually it's my thing - I love colour, hardly ever wear black always wear something nice and bright but with it being winter that has slipped a little bit and I have found myself wearing much more in the neutral palette than normal - not today - no sireebob !!!!

Here we go !


The vest top is from Jigsaw, the boxy jumper is from Totem and it is made by Chris and Carol - it's lovely but it shrank - that is a whole other story - I think it looks OK with this skirt - what do you think ? does it look too short ? The skirt is from Etsy and it is so comfortable - it has a roll down jersey top - it's not maternity specifically but easily could be used as such - it's fab. The boots are my Christmas boots, of course and the scarf is one that I knitted called a Clapotis. If you are a knitter you will have heard of the Clapotis - every knitter all over the world has knitted at least one of these - I have knitted three but this is the only one that I have kept - actually I quite fancy another one, they are so versatile, but use up a LOT of yarn and are therefore quite expensive to make - anyway this one is knitted in 100% silk and it's fabulous - I love the colour.

So talking of colour - have you seen these ?




These are by DKNY from the upcoming season and all I can say is OH MY GOD - I want them all so badly - the colours are just fabulous, so bright and vibrant, just my bag. Those Banana trousers and magenta shirt are amazing and if I had the money I'd get them right now - well that and if I was two stone lighter - but that's a whole other issue.

My sister is getting married later this year (September to be exact) and I would dearly love to have lost two stone by then and be able to wear an outfit like this - trouble is, as I sit here with a cup of tea and a digestive biscuit I just can't seem to find the omph to make me do it. I hate dieting so much - I hate denying myself food, then I want it even more - I like exercising and don't have a problem with that and I am trying to eat sensibly, not eat sweets and exercise - I am just not sure that is going to give me a body good enough to wear DKNY by September. I don't want to do any faddy diets, that's not my thing - but if anyone has any suggestions as to how I can get some weight shifted I'd be very grateful indeed. I feel like no matter what I do it just doesn't come off - when I try I get depressed, so I am refusing to weigh myself - as Oprah says, it's just a number - I am trying to make it more about health and how I feel about myself than what the scales say - I'll see how long it lasts 'cause honestly I need to see some results - bikini season is fast approaching - I think I may need to invest in the corset version !!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home