mooknits

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I Cannot Believe It !

I'm back - again - I really am ! I know it's a shock isn't it !

My outfit today was this little number


The top is from Primark - very cheap, the jeans are from Mexx and I really like them although after Christmas they are a little on the ahem - tight side ! the shoes are from Crocs and I love the look of these but they make my feet quite hot 'cause they don't have any air holes and they rub a bit at the back - I'm sure I just need to wear them in a bit more, they are so cute.

As you may or may not know - the boys got a very special Christmas present for Christmas 2009 - a gorgeous Chocolate Brown Labrador called Biscuit - she is wonderful, so great with the boys and a joy to have around, most of the time.



However, there is one basic problem with Biscuit - she is a Labrador and man oh man does she like to chew. For Christmas Santa brought her a stocking full of lovely new toys to play with - by the end of Christmas day she had pulled apart and ripped the stuffing out of this little guy.



By the next day she had chewed in half her Kong Tug Toy



Both these products are by Kong, which I thought were supposed to be pretty tough, however, every toy she seems to get she eats through in no time at all - it's OK if it's a rawhide or bone or the like, but toys that are supposed to be designed for dogs are seen off the premises in mere moments. So, do any of you dog owners out there have any suggestions for good sturdy dog toys that will stand up to the teeth of a Labrador ?!!!

A couple of lovely photos of our beautiful biscuit - we love her so much



3 Comments:

Blogger mary kathryn @ mathews family happenings said...

Love your outfit! And I'm wearing my Lisa Leonard family tree necklace today- LOVE her stuff!

10:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We give our dogs raw bones from the butcher. No furniture damage and our baby (we're empty-nesters so our dogs are our children now) is just over a year. Oh, almost forgot, she did chew two pairs of my favorite shoes. Oh well. Enjoy your new family member!

9:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog through your comment on the "Whatever" blog. We have Bella living at our home, a sister to Meg's dog Waffle.
A short length of very thick (1 inch/ 2.5 cm) nylon rope, knotted on each end, is a great dog toy. Fourteen inches (35 cm) overall is adequate.

10:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home