mooknits

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Tick Tock

I am afriad I have no time to do lenghty newsy posts as I would like to do at the moment - we are STILL computerless and it's getting on my nerves - we were supposed to have the computer back last Wednesday but they discovered at the last minute that when the motherboard when haywire, it overloaded the hard drive - so now we need a new hard drive and there is only a 10% chance of retrieving what was on the hard drive. Luckily it wasn't that much - well apart from all our software - photos etc are all on the other big pooter which is coming over on the big ship - I can tell you this had definately taught me a lesson - BACK UP.

So Manhattan is finished the in-laws took it back with them on Wednesday night, so hopefully Sam should be getting it some time soon, well when she gets the time to pop over and collect it, which knowing her hectic scedule may not be until sometime in December '06 ! I don't know how you do it Sam and keep sane - well relatively sane anyway !

So I am now just finishing off another Noro Silk Garden scarf for my brother's birthday, that should be finished this afternoon and then it's back to the Ballerina for now.

I have taken the rash step of joining in the Knitting Olympics - I discovered this facinating idea via Susoolu and thought - "that sounds like something I could get involved in" - So I have picked out my pattern - Diagonal Front Jacket from Debbie Bliss Home and I have ordered my yarn - Rowan DK Handknit Cotton in Slick and now all I have to do is hope that the yarn arrives in time for me to cast on during the opening ceremony - since we don't have too much tv here, my timings may be a bit approximate - but I'll be joining in the spirit of the thing ! If you are interested have a look here. Go on - join in - you know you want to !

On that note I have to run - I have to collect Jacob from nursery shortly - there is just never enough time.

6 Comments:

Blogger becks said...

am glad to see you around again! hope all's well :)

2:59 pm  
Blogger Sharon said...

I have been wondering where you have been and what you have been doing? Good on you for joining the knitting olympics, I am going to be a spectator on this one. Now if it had been the summer olympics, I may have been interested as I park my backside on a chair and hardly move, so a lot of knitting would be accomplished. However I don't really enjoy the winter ones as much and of course it is summer here. I'm going to show my complete ignorance here and ask is Oman in the northern or southern hemishpere (I am blushing here) I know you said it gets very hot there. Sorry talked too much, great to hear from you again, hope your computer is back again soon :)

5:04 am  
Blogger Emily said...

I too am eagerly awaiting my yarn so that I will be able to cast on for the opening ceremony. Im going to have a go at kntting my first pair of socks! Hope I havent bitten off more than I can chew! The jacket pattern you chose is really nice, I look forward to seeing the finished result.

9:26 pm  
Blogger Sharon J said...

This is the first time I've been on your blog so hi :-) Nice to know you've joined the Knitting Olympics - which team will you be knitting with? ~Sharon

5:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Central alberta minor hockey sean combs proactiv Men who got breast implants Appliances dormont pa Subaru roll over sensor location http://www.paxil-suicide.info/New-york-refrigerators-and-freezers-supplies-and-parts.html Liberty mountain sport corporation Web design hosting cost http://www.buyzoloft8.info/proactiv_solutions_body_solutions.html the best of black pussy clips anoxic brain injury treatment amantadine ritalin Ambien what it looks like L'oreal patent department Love hummer

12:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Goodyear run flat tire meridia safety Installing vw accellerator cable Venlafaxine viva Difference between protonix zantac Meridia xenical sales 2003 intake manifolds for pontiac http://www.email-fax.info/amw_m280_7_portable_dvd_player.html

2:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home