mooknits

Friday, December 16, 2005

I've been so bad

I know - I've been away for far too long - my excuse, I don't get much time on the computer at the moment, because I only have access to the laptop at night, and what time I do have has been taken up with house stuff - we are due to complete in less than an hour - it's very exciting, I so hope it all goes through smoothly - it should do, but you just never know until it's all over and done with. On the down side, because we had taken out a two year low rate mortgage with Abbey and we have redeemed it one month before the two year period is up, we have had to pay a fine of more than £7,000 - buyers beware - I think this is totally outrageous and I shall be complaining vigorously to both the Abbey and the Ombudsman - just word of warning.

On the plus side - I have finished Lizzy and I am so pleased with her - she is just goregous - she turned out better than I could have hoped - I wore her out last night to a Lebanese restaurant and felt gorgeous in her - well if I could loose three stone I might feel gorgeous, but that is another story. Anyway, here she is in her full glory.



I think she looks a bit squiffy in the picture, but she isn't in real life - she's lovely. Excuse the look of me, this was my, we have just got back from the beach, but I must get a photo of my new jumper look ! My hair is a total mess and matted with sea water and sand - nice - I'm just off to have a shower.

Also, I have been tagged by Anne so thank you Anne - sorry it has taken me so long to get it sorted, but here it is :

1. Seven things to do before I die
2. Seven things I cannot do
3. Seven things that attract me to my spouse
4. Seven things I say most often
5. Seven books (or series) I love
6. Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would watch over and over if I had the time)
7. Seven people I want to join in, too


Seven things to do before I die:
1. Have another baby.
2. Find a haircut that suits me
3. Loose weight
4. Visit Edinburgh
5. Learn to paint
6. Learn to play the piano
7. Learn patience

Seven things I cannot do:
1. Play the piano
2. Draw or paint
3. Crochet
4. Dive
5. Keep my house tidy
6. Resist the urge to help
7. Stop eating chocolate

Seven things that attract me to my spouse:
1. His bum !
2. His eyes
3. His kindess
4. His easygoingness (if that's a word !)
5. His willingness to do the ironing and the washing up as well as the tidying if it needs doing
6. His way with Jacob
7. His excellent taste in women !

Seven things I say most often:
1. "Hello Baby" - to Jacob
2. Jacob Maximillian Smith - in an exasperated voice
3. "Are you listening to me ?"
4. I'm nearly finished
5. Just let me finish this row and I'll be with you
6. What shall we have for dinner ?
7. I'm so fat

Seven books (or series) I love:
1. The Time Travellers Wife
2. The Girl with the Pearl Earring
3. A Room with a View
4. Whit
5. The Colour of Change
6. Oscar and Hoo Forever
7. Lost and Found

Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would watch over and over if I had the time)
1. Spy Game
2. Room with a View
3. Out of Africa
4. Anything with Doris Day
5. Bourne Identity
6. You've Got Mail
7. French Kiss

I think that just about covers it !

We are doing well over here - life is good, but rather wool less - I think I'm going to ask someone in the UK to get me some more Hip Knits silk, because that seems to be just wonderful for this weather and I love it - my Clapotis is so lovely and I've used it loads already. I'm going to wait until I've got my pattern books here to decide on anything else to knit.

I've got to finish Manhattan and then get on with Ballerina, so that should keep me busy for a while.

Do come on over to our other blog at http://oman3.blogspot.com and see how we are getting on in Oman - somehow we seem to be posting on there more regularly.

I'll try to post here more often, but as I say computer access is limited and to be honest, knitting progress is a bit slow - also stash acquisition is non-existant !

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh - exciting with the house - hope the exchange went smoothly - can't believe you're being screwed for so much by Abbey though :-( Thanks for doing the meme - I felt mean tagging you when you're obviously up to your eyes in it, so thank you for doing it. Lizzy looks absolutely wonderful.

10:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lizzy is gorgeous. I think I'll have a go myself one of those days... It really looks great on you. Well done Becky!

1:58 am  
Blogger Sweetpea4kids said...

Lizzy looks great on, even though you claim to have - the just got back from the beach look - Are you showing off to your cold English friends?? ;)

12:29 pm  
Blogger littlelixie said...

Hey there - glad to hear you're getting on well. Love the colours!

11:46 am  
Blogger becks said...

looks lovely! and a good meme - was very pleased to see lost and found made it on to your books list!

10:53 pm  
Blogger susoolu said...

You look all mysterious and fascinating and glam in the photo - Lizzy looks terrific.

5:13 pm  
Blogger Sharon said...

Lizzy is gorgeous, I love the colours, and it looks especially good on you.

Hope you and your family have a very merry Christmas and a happy and safe new year xxx

6:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home