mooknits

Friday, November 18, 2005

Oh Look What Happened !

Well Officer - I was merrily knitting that Manhattan item and well, I don't know how it happened all of a sudden these other items just jumped out at me and insisted that I knitted them - I was bullied into it - honest !

Oh I've been so bad. I have never been very good at sticking to one project at a time, and whilst I was focusing so hard on Manhattan, my magpie eye got distracted by my shiny HipKnits Silk and I just had to get started on that there Clapotis and well, once you've started you've got to at least get to the dropped stitches bit or it's no fun.



I have to say this is one of the worst pictures I have ever published on this Blog and I think it is just to do with the weather. I took the picture in the same place I always do on the chair in the conservatory because that is where you get the most light - well, there just doesn't seem to be much at the moment. Perhaps I should have waited until the sun was up a bit more - well there is is anyway. It is in the Surf colourway and it is just gorgeous - I can't wait to finish it, although obviously I've got a little way to go before then.

Not content with that - I spoke to James the other night and he said, "It's getting a bit cool here now - you will need a light cardy for the evenings" well never one to turn down an invitiation - Lizzy was cast on straight away ! I'm a loving this cardy. It is in Noro Silk Garden and on 5mm needles, so it is flying off my needles. I have to say I don't really like knitting with the Silk Garden, it hurts my fingers, but it looks so lovely it is worth it. Look how fabulous this looks.



This is the Silk Garden that my SP5 the lovely Becks send to me, so all in all - I think I can totally blame her for my current knitting position, she sent me that Clapotis pattern and those lovely stitch markers you can see resting their heads on the silk and she sent me the first three balls of the Noro Silk Garden - so you see it wasn't my fault after all - I was forced into it.

And now - something that I certainly not miss when I leave old Blighty



Look at that ice - it's f-f-f-freezing here right now - I had the heating on all night because it was just so cold. I can't wait to get back to a bit of warmth.

Also - I thought I would share you with my latest favourite picture of Jacob - he's obviously a budding DJ - get those deck out Mrs !

















Well that is enough waffle from me - I've got plenty of packing to do - I'm getting there, but you know I'm not a great one to rush - I'll get it done.

Ta ta

7 Comments:

Blogger becks said...

i'm glad to see i'm such a bad influence!!! they're all looking lovely :)
bet you're not going to miss this crummy weather.. and yey that it gets cold enough for cardigans!

5:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funnily enough I miss those frosty mornings now that I have moved to a place where frost is virtually unheard of. Of course the reality of scraping off the car every morning I am sure and know (I lived in the UK until I was 30) would wear thin pretty quick - but to be honest its at this time of the year I most miss England. Here it still feels like summer to me and I could do with a change! :)) Hope the move goes well and that you continue blogging. I am looking forward to reading about life in Oman.
carol.

8:32 pm  
Blogger Becky said...

Carol - where do you live - you don't seem to have a blog - or a website and I know nothing about you ! I'm intrigued.

10:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think only few of us really stick to that ONE and only Wip (even if we had promised we would...) But at the end, knitting should be fun and I love your two new projects.

2:10 am  
Blogger Sweetpea4kids said...

Lizzy is looking great. Are you sure your not going to miss our frosty mornings?

Hope the jabs went ok.

11:29 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

Brrr it looks freezing, thankfully we have finished with all of that and heading into summer, but I do love the cold weather, warm fires and knitting of course they all go together. All the best with the move and I too can't wait to read about your new life in Oman.

2:42 am  
Blogger littlelixie said...

Just checking in - love the noro top.

9:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home