mooknits

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Some Little FO's

Firstly - thank you so much for all your lovely comments welcoming back to the blogging fold. I have to be honest and say that I have got so much going on just now, I probably won't be able to reply to idividual comments on a regular basis - I'll do my best, but life is hectic. We sold our house yesterday and so it's onwards and upwards and time to sort out all our junk and make sure that I know what needs to be packed and what needs to be binned and I've only got about 5 weeks to do it - aghhhh. Jacob and I went to see the nurse today about jabs and I unexpectedly got stuck with two needles - I HATE injections and I felt all woozy and had to lie down - luckily the nurse was very good with Jacob and entertained him whilst I passed out on the bed ! I have to go back for one more jab and Jacob has to have two as well - I could face anymore needles today, so we will go back to deal with those !

Well I've decided that I can't wait any longer - I'm going to reveal the bits that I have been knitting just recently and hope that Jane is a little too tied up with her bundle of joy to be pooting !

So, here we go.

This is a little set in Jaeger Matchmaker double knit. The jumper poppers up at the back and is from one of the Phildar mags that I bought. The neck came out MUCH smaller than in the picture, but I'm hoping it will be OK - I'm not going to put a popper right at the top to give a bit of breathing space. The hat is Dylan from Rowan Junior and the bootees are from a little Cleckheaton book that I have that is full of lovely bootees. More on Cleckheaton later !



Secondly we have a lovely little duffle coat type jobby in a wonderful shade of red - I love, love, love this one and wish I could do one for Jacob - although he probably won't need it in Muscat ! The pattern is a Patons one that I bought in Singapore and the yarn is Cleckheaton Machine Wash 5ply Crepe that I ordered from Australia over the internet approximately 5 years ago ! lovely to use some stash and for it to look so gorgeous. The little socks are from the same Cleckheaton book as before and looks just lovely I think.



This yarn is just gorgeous - it has a real weight and drape to it and it is perfect for hoods like thist - it is heavy enough that it will actually stay on.

Talking of Cleckheaton, the lovely Sharon, to whom I was Secret Pal during Secret Pal 5 - has agreed to send me some more Cleckheaton pattern books direct from Australia - I just love their patterns their bootes are the best I've ever know - they are knitted all in one piece so you just sew up the back seam and there is no boring detaching of yarn and picking up of stitches, which I just hate on something so small - so if you ever get the chance to knit a pair of Cleckheaton bootees - go for it, they are the best. I am so excited about getting these books it's daft, and in exchange - I've sent Sharon some Rowan yarn - Sharon, I hope you like it as much in real life as you did on the screen and thank you so much again for going along with my scheme!

Well, I'm off to do more boring organsing stuff - wish me luck !

5 Comments:

Blogger twigletqueen said...

I love the blue/black set, it's not often you see baby patterns that are cute without being frilly or girly. Makes me wish I knew some babies to knit for.

9:50 pm  
Blogger susoolu said...

Beautiful things - and red duffles always make me think of Paddington, which is no bad thing at all.

1:31 pm  
Blogger becks said...

congratulations on selling the house! That's always always the hard bit. yey!
love those baby outfits too...

9:28 pm  
Blogger Sharon said...

I have never been a big fan of baby knitting, I think I still have memories of the traditional baby knitting in white, baby blue or pastel pink in the obligatory lace patterns, but after seeing your creations I have to say that I have changed my mind. They are so trendy and I especially love the colours. A while back you posted about some store mannequins that your mum had, if you can produce beautiful garments like those pictured you should start selling them I am sure they would sell.

Can't wait to receive my yarn, your patterns are on their way also.

11:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site http://www.carrentalspecial3.info Swimwear catalogs military ringtones Kyocera cellphone batteries website 1999 bentley continental mulliner r Media storage locking cabinet Citistreet 401k plan Cox handbags religious christian t shirts Replacement+elkay+puresmart+water+filters facial feminization surgery bmw 318ic

2:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home