mooknits

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Georgey Porgey

Well - I've actually finished something - that's a thing I feel like I haven't done in a while - I've been far too busy doing diy !!!

So here is Jacob in George - this is a great picture of Jacob, but not so good of George


Jacob and George Posted by Picasa

So here is a clearer picture of George for your perusal !


George more clearly Posted by Picasa

This was a great little knit - it looks more complicated than it is due to the cabling - which is simplicity itself - I love raglans, so I was already in love with it and I just love the way it fits him - the only strange thing is the pockets - you knit them and then sew them on - I mean, they look OK, but they would have looked much better if they had been knitted integrally and it really wouldn't have been that hard to do - I think that is the only thing I would change if I were to do this again - which I may well do - probably as a gift. I thought I had better get this finished so that Jacob can at least get some wear out of it before we head off for desert climes !!

I am now trying to do some for a good friend of mine, who is 40 week after next - she really like the colour of my Rosy cardy and I have some of the Cotton Angora left over, so I thought I would try do her Magknits, Nothing but a T-Shirt - I am just currently trying to get something like the gauge required to do it - I hope I can do it, I'm a bit short on time - so if anyone has ever substitued Cotton Angora for Calmer - I'd appreciate any tips.

Right - off to eat my dinner - alone again !

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jacob and George look great together. Brilliant FO Becky!

12:50 am  
Blogger becks said...

so cute!!!

2:04 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

They both look just gorgeous, I love the colour of the yarn. You have done a marvelous job.

10:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

George looks lovely and really suits Jacob. I'd be mo than happy to forward you knitterly realted goods to Oman if you have any difficulties - just let me know.

6:09 pm  
Blogger Sharon said...

Hi Becky I have been tagged, again, so I am passing it on to you, only if you want to, I feel these things are like chain letters and only do them if I feel like it. Info over at my blog.

2:54 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love your site and Jacob is soo cute.

7:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» » »

2:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! blackberry ringtones http://www.covertisuzu.info/licence_plate_frames_made.html buy online prescription propecia vaniqa voaga xenical Provincial flower of quebec Mixing concerta and other adhd medications Imitrex online order prescription Cute tiny asses cancer remission relapse tramadol

1:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home