mooknits

Monday, September 05, 2005

I Know, I Know

I have been a really bad blogger recently - I can't believe it's a week since I posted anything - I'm sorry to have been so boring, but I have been sick and I've been doing diy and I've been preparing for Jacob's half year Birthday party - which was yesterday.

Firstly I wanted to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to my not so secret, secret pal, Becks, you have been the best secret pal a girl could wish for - I have so loved every wonderful and thoughtful thing that you have sent to me (and Jacob) - you really have been the best. So if you've got time, go and visit Becks' blog - she's a lovely lady.

So, I got my last ever secret pal package a couple of days ago and I wanted to share the contents with you. Here they are.


The whole package Posted by Picasa

A most wonderful little scarf - that yarn is sooooo soft - what is is Becks ? A gorgeous felted flower from Loop (by all accounts the most wondeful knitting shop in the whole world, if not universe !) and some fabulous little labels for me to sew into my knitted garments - I have to brush up on my sewing skills now.


A fabulous felted flower Posted by Picasa

I'm actually wearing the felted flower today with a black t-shirt and jade coloured skirt, it looks fab if I do say so myself - makes it worth wearing a black t-shirt (I just don't do black normally).


Some lovely labels Posted by Picasa

Look at those beautiful little labels - they're so great !

Now then, yesterday we had a party - Jacob's Birthday is in December, just before Christmas and we decided a couple of years ago that having a Birthday party in December just does not work, everyone is far too busy, so we have been having half year birthday partys for him, in the summer, so that everyone can make it, we can have it in the garden and Jacob gets to celebrate wtih his friends. So yesterday was the day - and what a lovely day we had. Jacob was totally spoiled and he loved it. He got 11 books - which is just amazing, what a lucky boy and my brother bought him a Spiderman outfit. Jacob is really into Spiderman, so of course, it had to be put on right away. This is the first real dressing up outfit Jacob has had, because he is really small, they are all too big for him - he's got lots of hats, but no outfits. Well lets just say, I was laughing so hard I couldn't get it on him properly. It was hysterical and I thought I would share a picture of the lovely item with you.


My brother and spiderman ! Posted by Picasa

I think it's quite freaky - but Jacob loves it - I'm sure 100% nylon is going to be so werable in Oman ! Do you think it might melt ?!!

Well we are definately off to Oman - James is leaving on 14 September and then once we've sorted the house, we'll be following. I'm excited about it - I want all the boring stuff done and to be getting on with it. I know I'm going to miss James like mad while we are apart, but my friends have all been lovely saying that we can go and stay with them anytime, we can pop round for dinner whatever we want, a couple have even offered to give me keys to their houses so that we can pop round anytime ! Isn't that nice - it isn't until you are in a situation like this that you realise what good friends you have. I'm not one to have loads and loads of friends, I like having friends, but I've always moved around quite a bit - I lived in Hong Kong for three and a half years straight out of University, then I came back to the UK for a bit, then I was off to Indonesia for a year and a half and then the Philippines for a similar amount of time - so I'm used to making friends for a bit and then moving on. It has really surprised me that during this stint in the UK I have made real long lasting friends - people that will actually come out a visit us and people that we will definately stay in touch with - well I hope so at least. I think it all comes down to the bond of children. The strongest friends that I have in the UK have children of the same age as Jacob and I think that when you have been through all those difficult times together and shared so much personal information, it kind of binds you together in a way that no other type of friendship can. It's definately special and I really appreciate it - so to any of my friends that read this and you know who you are - I love you and I hope you'll come and visit us. Oh lordy, I'm making myself cry now !!! I have been so surprised at the strength of feeling from our friends - I knew that people would miss us, but I didn't realise how much - I'm so happy to have made some lifelong friends for real.

Well I've waffled on enough - Oh I've done no knitting at all - I've been so poorly this week, I had a temperature and nearly passed out in Ikea on Friday - still the house is looking good, we are almost finished and then we can get it on the market - we won't know what to do with ourselves once it's all done. We've got new carpet coming on Friday - that is going to be so exciting.

I don't know that I'm going to get much knitting done this week either - lots to do before James goes - like sorting out all our possessions and deciding what we want to do with them - nothing much then.

Sorry about lack of knitting content.

5 Comments:

Blogger becks said...

you poor thing! didn't realise you were poorly... hope you're feeling better now anyway.
What a lovely birthday thing for jacob! sounds like it was a great day.
And so glad you liked your last parcel! the yarn was ggh amelia, i think. i'd never knit with anything so fluffy before and loved it!
becks

4:53 pm  
Blogger Sharon said...

Hope you are feeling better, sounds like the worst possible time to get sick as you are so busy. You may not be getting too much time to knit but I am sure it will be a bit of a lifesaver at night for you when James has left. My DH works out of town sometimes (not as far away as yours and only during the week, he can come home weekends) but I find my needles and yarn makes the lonely nights go a lot quicker.

What a great idea with Jacobs birthday, I have a couple of nieces and nephews birthdays close to Christmas and I know my SILs finds it difficult to organise birthday parties for them.

3:09 am  
Blogger littlelixie said...

Your son looks adorable! And what great stuff from your pal.

7:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »

12:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... vw transporter t3 Offers three lamborghini Furnace humidifier lobb saver water Java keno online script urlwho window.external.addfavorite Navigation test mobile auto how to chop a vw Buying xenical Mitsubishi glossy photo paper tamiflu capsule Cartridge world ny Pronoun incorporation Motorolla iden gps utility software Jack daniels vw Equality in automobile insurance premiums Big tits and round arses coupon and ritalin Cheap cruise nile Bontril+release+slow Chevrolet truck spare parts

3:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home