mooknits

Friday, August 12, 2005

I've had "one of those" days

It's been that kind of day - nothing really wrong, but nothing really right. I've just felt out of sorts, kind of down in the dumps and fed up, for no good reason really - I hate it when I'm like this. I'm usually quite a positive person, so when I have days like this when everything looks black and I don't know what to do about it, I find it a bit overwhelming. I think I need some time to myself and I'm not getting much of that at the moment - still there it is - DH is at the pub tonight, so I've got a bit of time for me and I'm sure I'll feel better in the morning.

On the plus side I got a lovely package from my SP this morning. It was a fabulous tin of biccies from Brittany. I don't know how you knew SP, but I LOVE those tins. When we went to Brittany (which I loved by the way) I bought a tin of the exact same biccies, mainly for the tin. There is something about a tin that is so comforting - why is that - is it because when I was at boarding school our year mistress used to keep our pocket money in old Strepsil tins - you probably don't remember the kind, but they were small and neat and tin like and so useful. There is something so inherently useful about a tin, but it is appealing at the same time - I love that combination. So here is the lovely tin of biccies my SP sent me - Thank you very much indeed SP and Jacob would say thank you too if he hadn't had a mouth full of biscuit all day !!! (not really I'm not that bad a mother and it wasn't that bad a day !)


From my lovely SP Posted by Picasa

I also a took a picture of the tin that I bought when I was in Brittany, cause I think it is one of my favs - but although it's beautiful it is fully used, Jacob uses it to keep his little people in and you tin will be joining this one SP once the biccies are all gone !


my favourite tin Posted by Picasa

I have managed to finish the socks for my sister this evening - they are OK - I don't think I would make a pair for myself, I don't like the feel of the seam on the bottom of my foot, still I'm sure with a bit of wear they will be fine - hopefully she'll like them - now all I have to do is get them posted to her, as her Birthday is on Sunday. Happy Birthday Holly - I hope they get to you in time. So here, modelled in full white leg glory, they are !


My sisters' socks Posted by Picasa

I was taking pictures of Jacob in the garden this afternoon and he came up to me and asked if he could take a photo of me - I thought - yeah that's going to look great, just a photo of sky probably - but look what he took.


Photo by Jacob Posted by Picasa

Isn't he a clever bunny ?! I'm so proud !

Well I need to go and get on with Manhattan now - I've made a start, but I just know that she's going to be slow going - moss stitch all over was bad enough in a six month old's jacket, but in a full size woman's cardy - not sure how I'm going to get on with this - still must make some progress.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheer up! You have got a beautiful son who is also a talented photographer. You have every right to be proud of him. I love biscuit tins as well. If I see one I like, I'll buy it, give the biscuits to the children (I am a bad mother) and keep the tin for myself! Looking forward to see the first pictures of Manhattan. I don't like moss stitch either...

1:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm glad you like the tin! and look at your other one - with bretton people knitting on it! how cool is that?!
hoping you have a happier day tomorrow, i hate days like that too :(
sending sunshine!
your sp x

2:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »

2:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home