mooknits

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Ooooh

Well - thank you all for your lovely comments - I didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest - I was just aware that maybe I wasn't doing what everyone else was doing and I didn't want to offend anyone - anyway - now I know.

So, Duel is finished and here he is - he isn't perfect, the buttons aren't quite right - I've learnt a lesson on this one - once you've marked the positions for the button holes and then made the button holes on the corresponding button band - sew the buttons on there and then while you still have the markers in place - don't wait until the garment is finished and then you have to guess where they go - or you end up with slightly wonky buttons like this ! Am I being too much of a perfectionist ?


Duel Posted by Picasa

I ordered two knitting books yesterday - Scarf Style and Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I can't wait to get them, I'm dying to knit Ruffles from Scarf Style. I think I may do it in a soft Alpaca Mmmm cosy - I think this might end up being a staple Christmas present knit - it's so spectacular.

On a sadder note - I think I have decided to undo my Noro Silk Garden Clapotis - it is beautiful and I love the way it looks, but I think I'm going to need many many more balls to finish it off and it's just too expensive. I'm hoping to get some of the lovely Hipknits Silk for my Birthday to knit a Clapotis from and I feel that I could knit something equally as specatular from that lovely Silk Garden - I may even go for a mini Clapotis, now that I understand the way the pattern works, or perhaps one of the patterns in my new books when they arrive. We'll see - I shall save it for something special SP - fret not !

I have been tagged by the lovely Emily, this is the first time that this has happend to me - so thank you Emily for including me ! I shall do my best with it.

id·i·o·syn·cra·sy
Pronunciation Key
n. pl. id·i·o·syn·cra·sies
A structural or behavioral characteristic peculiar to an individual or group.

Write down five of your own personal idiosyncracies. Then, if you wish, tag five people from your live gerbil or friendslist to do the same.

1) Before I touch a metal door handle, or a lift button, I have to touch a wall or bit of wood first, this may look odd, but is really because I have had so many shocks I had to find a way of stopping them - this seems to work for me !

2) I can't eat breakfast first thing in the morning, I have to have been up for at least an hour before I eat.

3) I love sqeezing spots, peeling skin etc - Jacob currently has a little lump above his eye - it's from a virus, and it's all I can do to stop myself picking it - yuk I know, but true.

4) I have a knitting chair, it's only one of the chairs from our set, but it's mine and no-one else is allowed to sit there !

5) If my floors are clean I'm happy - the rest of the house can be in total devastation, but as long as the floors downstairs are swept and clean, I'm OK with the rest.

So, there you go, five things about me, there are many more I'm sure, but there is no room for them all here. I'll tag Knitwise and Trueknit. I think most everyone else has already been tagged, but if you haven't and you would like to do this, please do, and let me know, I love to know all about anyone that reads these ramblings !

Right James and Jacob are watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (1971 version) and I'm going to join them with a cup of tea.