mooknits

Friday, July 22, 2005

Manhattan Musings

My trip to Bluewater was successful, they had a good selection of the RYC Cashsoft DK and my friend picked out a really lovely soft green that will go with lots of things - she's so little anything would have looked lovely on her - lucky baggage ! So, here it is - the yarn for Manhattan. There is obviously more than three balls, but I couldn't work out how to get it all, and the pattern in the picture - so I thought I'd give you a taster.


Manhattan Posted by Picasa

You know me - I would have chosen bright pink or some such nonsense, but Sam was very sensible and got something suitably subtle and grown up !

I have finished the back of Rosy - which of course, I shouldn't have by rights, but hey, she looks fab and I can't wait to do the rest of her - I think I'll have to sneek bits in here and there where no-one will notice.


Rosy's Back Posted by Picasa

This Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora knits up totally differently to how I thought it would - it is much chunkier than it looks, if you know what I mean, but I think I'm going to like wearing it, I find myself snuggling it as I'm knitting, I think this is going to be a real comfort cardy - only problem is, I think it may pill quite badly and I'm going to have to take great care of it. Still for £10 who's complaining !

I cannot believe the events of yesterday in London. Luck, rather than anything else, seems to have been our protector. I feel so for friends of mine that have to go up to London to work leaving small children behind worrying that they may never see them again. In earlier years when we were subject to bombs from the IRA I seem to remember having a somewhat cavalier attitude towards the whole situation - a kind of "well if I'm meant to go I'll go" or "I could get hit by a bus as easily as blown up". I cannot tell you how much having a child has changed my attitude. I find myself thinking "maybe we should give that trip to the Science Museum a miss - just in case" and other such thoughts. I don't want them to have won, but I don't want to put my, or my child's life in danger. I have always been rather bold - travelling parts of the world others thought I was mad to go to, but since having Jacob, I don't want to take the same risks anymore. It's almost like I feel I've used up a enough of my chances with things that I've done previously - and I don't want Jacob to suffer for that. I'm hoping against hope that this is the last of it - but I can't help thinking with those bombs being unsuccessful yesterday (and who knows what devastation they would have caused had they been successful) they won't leave us alone for a while. I hope I'm wrong.

7 Comments:

Blogger littlelixie said...

That's the pattern book Pooch bought me. Good luck with it. Lovely yarn isn't it!

3:42 pm  
Blogger Becky said...

Oh yes - it's so soft and cuddly - if it comes out nicely I may find myself knitting one for me - if only ! I've got far too much on. That book is lovely though - lots of nice patterns in there that will stand the test of time I think.

5:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, are you going to start Manhattan before finishing anything else?... It looks to me as if you itching to have a go...

1:05 am  
Blogger Becky said...

You are so right - I am itching to get going - I love starting a new project, but I've got six things on the needles at the moment - I think I need to finish a couple of bits first. Let's see how long that resolution lasts !

1:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know how you feel about london... i can't quite believe it almost happened again. i keep trying to be strong, but it's hard. i completely understand your fears for you and jacob... hopefully in time it will gt safer and easier.
your new yarn looks lovely, by the way!
and just so you know, a new parcel will be on it's way next week!
your sp x

2:04 pm  
Blogger Becky said...

Ooooh how exciting - another parcel - I'm still getting over the excitment of the last one - you're spoling me SP !

2:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. soccer Cam chat free amateur Clever white tooth whitener circle of life diamond pendant Accounting program rankings Dysfunction erectile impotence treatment.com Tvs in car

12:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home