mooknits

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Ummmmm !!!

I have been making good progress with my latest kiddie bits - I have now finished the back, front and one sleeve of Evie. So I was sitting watching tv this evening and that lovely Noro was just begging me to knit it - so look what I did.


Clapotis Posted by Picasa

I have actually been really enjoying doing it - I have never used stitch markers before but I thought since my lovely SP had made them for me with such skill and dexterity, I was duty bound to use them. It took me three goes to get the first few rows right, but once I got it I was off and flying. I am now busy planning all the future Clapoti (is that the correct term?) that I just have to knit for family and friends. So thank you SP for getting me to try something out of the ordinary.

As a footnote - to knit a full Clapotis it would seem that I need 18 stitch markers, my SP has lovingly created 10 for me - so I'm in need of another 8 - so would anyone out there be in the market for some kind of swap - I'm not sure what I may have that someone would be prepared to swap 8 stitch markers for, but I'm sure I'd be able to find something - can anyone help me out - I am just not set up to do the making of stitch markers, I'd need to get Equipment and everything as well as prevent my toddler from eating the beads !!!!

Alas I must return to the 4ply soft jumper tomorrow or else I shall get so carried away with my luxury Noro Clapotis, I shall never want to pick poor old Evie up again ! Still only one more sleeve to go and then I can get on with the other two kiddie bits I've got on the go and after that - it is definately all me, me, me - well apart from all the other presents I have to knit ! Ho hum !

8 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

If you just want some cheap stitch markers pony do some plastic ones that basically look like clips. Alternatively i tend to use things like a little loop of wool in another colour, a chopped up straw, rings, earrings. As long as it stays on the needle i'll use it. I dont own a single proper stitch marker i just improvise!

11:53 am  
Blogger Becky said...

What a good idea Emily - thank you so much for that - I hadn't thought of using things like earrings - how inventive !! See how new I am to stitch markers !!!

12:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yey! it looks lovely! so happy to see it all being used :) personally, i don't have any lovely stitch markers either, so i use bits of yarn that i tie around my needles. how dull! i should have sent you more stitch markers though, maybe look out in your next parcel...?
your sp x

11:27 pm  
Blogger Becky said...

Oh SP - you must make yourself some lovely stitch markers - they are so fab, I'm thinking of making them into earrings !!! Not really - no though, do make some for yourself they are gorgeous and make me feel really special and like I know what I'm doing when I use them !

11:58 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've seen paper clips do the trick!

12:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That scarf name just reminds me of a song...

I love to knit while wandering
around the knitting shop
and as I go I love to sing
my needles in my hands
Cla-PO-tee, Cla-PO-ta
Cla-PO-tee, Cla-PO-ta-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha

Cla-PO-tee, Cla-PO-ta
my needles in my hands

(sung to the tune of The Happy Wanderer - http://www.petprauma.com/songs/happywonderer.html)

6:49 pm  
Blogger Becky said...

Ann - thank you, you mad woman - I'm afraid the name makes me think of either a medical condition "I've got a nasty case of Clapotis" or something rather more base - I'm ashamed to say !!!

6:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work length male penis question Barcode scanners reviews Why doesn't my penis hang down Penis dysfunction marketing an online store Acne and evening primrose oil http://www.teenpussy4.info/penisfilms.html Butt babe mpegs Diet pills message board Fiestas de lesbianas borrachas vicalvaro inkjet plotters Ashanti upskirt pictures handbags knockoffs wholesale Lakeshore soccer Kitchen equipment catalog effexor blurry vision http://www.groupsex-7.info/puppetryofthepenisdvdcover.html growth of penis stages Dependable webhost Free teen gangbang galleries

4:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home