mooknits

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Please Forgive Me, Set Me Free !

I am not usually one for buying yarn unless I have a specific project in mind, but in recent weeks this has been changing and I have found myself unwittingly purchasing random yarn that has no allocated project at all - how is this possible ???? I think it is the osmotic influence of all you lovely blog ladies out there - just willing me to make random yarn purchases - well thank you all, I have made some lovely acqusitions just recently and I'm ready and willing to share them.

First up the yarn that I bought from Coldharbour Mill on the way home from our holiday - unfortuantely we only made a flying visit here as Jacob was keeping us rather occupied with his copious vomitting !! However there is always time for yarn purchase and I managed to get myself two lovely hanks and three more for my secret pal - I don't think the colours really show up here, but one is quite a heathery mulberry colour and the other is a deep purpley colour- just fab - I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them yet, but it will be wonderful.



Coldharbour Mill Posted by Picasa

Secondly the lovely Debbie Bliss Cotton Anogora that Andrea managed to get me for a song. I manged to get the Cotton Angora pattern book during my shopping frenzy at John Lewis yesterday, so all I need to do is to decide which yarn to allocate to which pattern. I, of course, am desperate to knit Rosy, as I think I may have mentioned before, so that will almost certainly be one of them - I'm a little concerned about the size of this though - I am currently undertaking project weight loss and am determined to be slimmer for Christmas - however the largest size in Rosy is only 36-38in - I am currently a 38 and I'm worried that it will not skim enough - still I don't want to make it any bigger 'cause when I get all my weight shifted I don't want it to be enormous - oh I'll just make the biggest size and it should be fine. I also like Grace, Melody and Katy - so I need to decide which one to make. I really love Mary as well, but unfortunately I just know that the shape would not suit me at all.


Cotton Angora Posted by Picasa

Next, we have some lovely Rowanspun DK yarn in two scrummy shades of green. I am planning on knitting something for Jacob from this for the winter - a stripey hat and scarf set comes to mind - with perhaps some purple pom poms - I don't really do subtle - can you tell !!! This was part of my bargain haul at John Lewis and was £1.95 a ball - how could I say no ?!!


Green Posted by Picasa

Next we have the main part of my haul from yesterday - which is a fair amount of Rowanspun 4ply in THE most gorgeous colours I have ever seen - I am planning lots of baby bits from these including a purple cardy with green edging and a hat to match - if I've got enough and something similar in the red and orange - I love these bright colours and could have gone mad buying loads more stuff, but I was very restrained and kept to these few modest bits, they were only £1.05 per ball. They had some Jaeger Alpaca for sale for about £2.45 but they only had it in pink and grey - if I knew someone that was having a girl I would definately have got it - but I managed to hold myself back !


Look at those beautiful colours Posted by Picasa

Now, while I was taking all these photos this morning, Jacob was trying on a new pair of pj's that just happened to fall into my basket whilst I was in Baby Gap yesterday and he was not happy about not being the centre of all the camera action - and so, he staged his very own protest - and here he is protesting !


Jacob Staging his Protest ! Posted by Picasa

Can you spot a theme in these photos ? Yes, you got it, it's the cow ! While we were on holiday my friend suggested to me that when I was putting photos on the web it might be fun to add a cow element, being as I am Mooknits ! I thought it was such a good idea I went straight to the Sheep Shop (we were at the Big Sheep at the time, which was fabulous by the way !) and bought myself a cow - and here she is making her first photograhic appearance.

So, there they are all my yarn purchases laid out bare. I'm delighted with each and every one of them and all I need to do now is get on with some knitting - a minor detail !

6 Comments:

Blogger littlelixie said...

Look at that bottom lip! That's impressive lipwork there.

6:53 pm  
Blogger Becky said...

Oh - he's had PLENTY of practise - that is his main form of protest these days !!

7:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! what impressive stashing!! they all look lovely, really nice and bright :)
your sp

9:27 pm  
Blogger Becky said...

Thanks SP ! I love a bit of bright - I could have been so much badder, but I resisted it !

11:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah you are back! I missed you.

You have got some great colors to work with, that's what I expect from you and now you haven't let me down. I look forward to seeing your creations.

11:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Schematic alarm system for 1996 buick regal fayetteville georgia home cooking restaurants trading stock Effexor history Radar detector archives 3fkeywords 3dbuy vicodin advisor association financial area rug government backed securities roms heating system Texaco credit card online payment Motorola spy surveillance java Largest online brokers awnings

10:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home