mooknits

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Gardening Ruminations

Are these my favourite plants in the world ?


Hosta Posted by Hello

You know I think they just might be - I once searched for over a year for a "Big Daddy" Hosta - I found one and it was wonderful and then it got killed when we moved house. Still, this one has survived - I'm not sure which one it is, but I love it. Look at these fab leaves.


Hosta Leaf Posted by Hello


Another Hosta Leaf Posted by Hello

But - for something really blousey and beautiful, showy and gaudy, you just cannot beat the good old Peony - look at this beauty !


Beautiful Peony Posted by Hello

I have to say though I do love a good lavender and I have never been to a garden centre quite as beautiful as this one - Downderry Lavender, it is just down the road from us and I have to stop myself pulling in there every time I go past - I have already managed to kill several lavenders that I have bought from there !

I used to love gardening, then we moved and the garden wasn't mine and the house needed so much work that the garden has been neglected and I'm sorry about it, I would love for it to be gorgeous, but gardening is a lot of work, and when you have got a house with flowery wallpaper or bare plastered walls, it's about priorities !

I have nearly finished the stripey little jumper that I started the other day now - I have been having problems with the front band. I am adapting a pattern for my own purposes and the front band on the pattern is ribbed - I'm doing moss stitch, so I've been having trouble working out the right number of stitches to pick up down the front so that there aren't so many that it's all wrinkly, and aren't too few that it's pulled smaller than it should be - I've done it four times so far - hopefully the next one will be the right one !

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

I used to have the slug problem really badly in my last garden - funnily enough I don't seem to be having the same problem in our newest garden, although we do have the odd snail trail in the house, they seem to leave the Hostas alone - don't know why !

2:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like hostas too. We have loads of hostas in our yard. They kind of have to grow on you though, definately something that you develop a taste for. You think you have them figured out and all of the sudden they give you a toss of color (usually purple) and it just throws you for anything.

Our slugs have been behaving themselves fairly well this year. My friends yard is overrun with snails this year though, and her yard is the size of a postage stamp!

2:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Topamax and finger tingling Vw eurovan fan high speed only state farm insurance and appliances Land rover hydro leveling Ford mustang chip Market share suzuki + europe

10:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home