mooknits

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Parceltastic

What a day - the door bell hasn't stopped ringing and for all the best reasons.

First thing this morning, the postman delivered a little parcel from Little Lixie, it was one of her gorgeous fimo brooches - it's just so cute and thank you so much - I really appreciate it.


Little Brooch Posted by Picasa

Then a little while later the doorbell rings and - two parcels arrive - one was something for my SP so I won't reveal too much about that - just in case - although I think it highly unlikely that she reads my blog I don't want to take the chance. Anyway the second parcel was from my SP - and what a parcel - just look


From the best SP in the world Posted by Picasa

Well, that Lucinda Guy book I have been wanting since before it was even published , so I am super chuffed to have that one. The Stitch N' Bitch book I had never even seen before and it is just wonderful, I just sat there in stunned silence as I leafed through it thinking of all the possibilities it would allow, it has sections for designing your own knitwear, keeping records of things you've knitted, things you want to knit and all your stash - I am so happy with it - not only that, my lovely SP has included another book for Jacob - he's getting spoiled ! It's all about tigers and I'm going to read it to him in bed tonight - he'll love it. I can't thank you enough SP - you really are the best and I feel so very spoiled. I hope you have a lovely holiday, wherever you are going and I'll "see" you when you get back.

On the knitting front - whilst still feeling like poo last night - did I mention I've had a terrible sore throat and cold ? I get such bad sore throats because my tonsils virtually meet in the middle at the best of times, add in a little infection, and wham I can barely swallow and hardly talk. Anyway - on a high from Evie, I thought I'd go off and tackle the finishing on Duel - ha - bad idea. I merrily knitted up the front band for the first side, attached it and the picked up the second side to do the button band and realised that I had got them the wrong way around - the one that I had already done had one button hole at the bottom and was then plain moss stitch so I couldn't even just leave it. So I thought I'd just undo it, and I made a total mess of it - now I'm going to have to undo the collar shaping section of one side and re-knit it - on the plus side, it's only tiny so it won't take long - on the minus side - if I don't hurry up and get it finished the poor child it is destined for will have grown out of it. I have the afternoon to myself this afternoon, and whilst I still feel poo, I feel a little less poo than yesterday - so hopefully no more stupid mistakes will be made - ever get that feeling that you should have listened to your inner voices ? mine were definately telling me not to knit last night - I should have listened - lesson learned I guess.

Oh the doorbell did go again, but that was just the arrival of a rather boring book for James' birthday which is up coming, so I won't bore you with that !

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I have found that there are times to knit and times NOT to knit... And a few lessons are to be learned too: definitely listen to your inner voice and never rush! Lovely parcels you've got there... The brooch is very cute.
Lucky girl!!!

5:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yey it arrived!! phew, i'm aways worried because i never want to put my return address down...! glad you love it!
and hope your throat feels better soon!!
sp x

6:39 pm  
Blogger Becky said...

Thank you so much SP - I really really love it - what a treat to get knitting books - I just drool over them - Jacob will definately be getting several items from that Lucinda Guy book and I can't wait to start using my Stitch 'N Bitch book - what an absolutely wonderful treat - almost made me forget about my yukky throat !

6:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

guess what becky? with all your wonderful baby knitting that you do you have inspired me to do some baby knitting! i am going on holiday with everything i need to make baby socks, a baby hat and a baby sweater for a friend of ours about to become a dad. won't be anywhere near as good as your wonderful baby parcels, but it's the thought that counts, right?!

4:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry - i meant to say
your sp x
!!!

4:26 pm  
Blogger Becky said...

That's fab SP - baby bits are great to knit, they are usually quick and they look so cute when they are done - I think people really appreciate them as well because they are so individual and made with love. Enjoy your holiday and happy knitting.

8:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home