mooknits

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Set 'Em up and Knock 'Em Down !

Hooray - another FO to share with you all. May I introduce Sport.


Sport Posted by Picasa

I'm really pleased to have finished this one - last time I did this cardy - I had to do the buttonhole side three times, so I had been putting it off and putting it off - I finally decided to get on with it and I managed to get it right first time - I did have a few sewing up issues, as in I didn't sew the shoulder seams together correctly - still I managed to undo it and redo it and now it looks lovely. The little flower is actually a brooch - I made two flowers, one in Kid Classic in orange and the second one in a combination of the orange and the Wool Cotton the cardy was knitted in. Then I sewed them together and bunched them up a bit, then attached them to a brooch pin and I think it looks rather effective - I'm chuffed !


Close up of Flower Posted by Picasa

I went to Whitstable for the day yesterday with Jacob and my Mum and it was lovely - we had a nice lunch and then a little wander and then went down to the beach for a play - the weather wasn't fab, but it wasn't raining, so that was fine. We had a really nice time and I'm still very keen to move down there. I think it would be lovely for us all to be near the sea.

I'm planning a visit to the Yarn House in Caterham today - I recently found out that the lady that owns it apparently is a friend of the sister of a good friend of mine - does that make sense ! Anyway - I didn't realise until last week that this was the case - it's a small world !

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cardi is lovely, I particularly love the flower. Did you work it out yourself or follow a pattern?

Thanks for tagging me, I haven't done it yet though, I'm having a think, some idiosyncrasies probably shouldn't be shared! (One would be over worrying about blog etiquette, sorry about that)

8:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cardi is a success. Well done! I do love the flower brooch! It makes this little cardigan even more special.

1:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky
The cardi is fab and so is the flower.
You have been a busy lass - Whitstable and now The Yarn House - hope you got loads of bargains

2:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... gmc safari accessory New hampshire divorce law 90 days Cadillac escalade lease Need meridia sideeffects cosmetic surgery tv commercials

9:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home