mooknits

Saturday, August 06, 2005

I Heart Rosy

She's finished - that Rosy and I love, love, love her. I stayed up until 1.00am this morning - watching the rather Gorgeous (with a capital G on purpose) Geoff Bridges - mmmm, he's yummy. Anyway I nearly finished the final front and then this morning I got up and got straight on with it. Result by just gone midday she was finished and I wore her to a friend's house for lunch - Oh I love finishing a project. I realised it has been ages since I have knitted myself an actual garment - I did a little poncho last year, but not really a garment and I love the feeling of wearing something I have made myself. I'm so, so tempted to make another Rosy in the pink Cotton Angora I have, but perhaps I should let the Eurphoria wear off first. So, here she is.


Rosy Posted by Picasa

I managed to persuade the lovely James to take photos of me this evening, which is why the light is a tiny bit dodgey, but I don't think the photo is too bad - I've recently managed to loose some weight, so I'm not feeling as paranoid about having my photo taken and also, Rosy is such a lovely cardy - so comfy and cosy - if you are contemplating doing one, do it now, you won't regret it, I can see I'm going to wear this a lot - must take good care of her and wash her carefully.

Now that I have finished Rosy, I am inspired to knit something else for myself and I'm thinking that maybe the gorgeous Silk Garden that my SP sent me, might make a lovely One Skien Wonder - I'm not sure I'd have the confidence to wear such a garment as this, but I love it and thought it would be worth giving it a go - hopefully by the time I'm done with it, bearing in mind I've several other projects on the go - my tummy will have shrunk even more - well I can hope !

I think I've got the bug of knitting for myself, how selfish ! I've got quite a lot of the cone of blue Cotton Angora that I knitted Rosy from left - so I'm going to trawl around and look for something to make with it - I love the feel of this yarn, it's so soft and snuggly.

Whilst I'm here - I thought I would share with you a picture of Jacob post painting from yesterday morning - I haven't shared a photo of him with you for a while and I thought a photo of him having just done something crafty was appropriate. He loves painting, especially if it's really messy !


Jacob Post Painting Posted by Picasa

I don't think he looks too much of a mess do you ?!

Well on with my other projects now.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rosy is just perfect!!! Go on, knit something else for yourself. You're worth it!

12:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rosy is great. Love the fronts. You look fab !

3:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done - Rosy looks great on you. I really must wear mine more - I think we are far enough apart not to bump into each other when wearing our Rosies!

11:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rosy looks fab on you - so comfortable yet fashionable at the same time. Enjoy wearing her.
Carol.

5:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
I'm back!!! and you've been so busy whilst i was away! rosie is lovely, i love the colour :)
look out in the post, a holiday present is winging it's way to you!
your sp

8:32 pm  
Blogger Becky said...

Hello there SP - it's lovely to "see" you back - I've been thinking - not long now until I know who you are - can't wait !

Another package - what a lucky lady I am.

I hope you had a fabulous holiday.

11:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home