mooknits

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Don't you just love colour ?

Look at these beautiful colours.


Yum Posted by Picasa

Shhhh - say no more ! It's a secret.

Manhattan has been, what shall I say - slow. All that moss stitch is taking time and I don't seem to be able to do moss stitch as evenly as I do other stitches and that annoys me - when I look at it, it just isn't perfect and I cannot undo it all the time - I guess I just have to pay more attention and be careful with it. It will get there - it just may take a little time - sorry Sam !

We went to some friends for dinner last night and had a lovely time, unfortunately in the night Jacob wasn't feeling well and woke up several times, requiring doses of Calpol - today James isn't feeling well, so they are both snuggled on the sofa at the moment under a blanket with hot water bottles watching Snow White - ahhhhh ! I hope they get better soon - I don't make a very good nurse, I don't have the patience for it !

We finished doing the front of the house on Friday and it looks lovely - window frames are now white instead of black, we have a nice gravel path with some gorgeous grasses in pots and a wondeful new door number, which was quite expensive but well worth it. So now we just have to finish our bedroom, the upstairs hall, the bathroom and the spare room and then we are done - sounds a lot, but shouldn't take too long once we get going, our bedroom is nearly done anyway and the hall and spare room are just decoration jobs, it's the bathroom that's going to take the time.

Best crack on - or shall I go and watch Snow White and do some knitting - mmmm let me think !

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're never going to want to leave your house now! it sounds lovely :) i'm very impressed!
your sp x

1:14 pm  
Blogger Becky said...

Oh I don't know - the call of the sea is still upon me and no matter how nice the house is - it isn't near the sea, now if we could just re-locate it !

1:26 pm  
Blogger RoxyK said...

You're not alone with moss stitch trouble. I had a total disaster when I tried a moss stitch halterneck top in Rowan 4 ply cotton - it turned out like a dishrag. It was the first time I'd ever had tension trouble. Never again. Moss stitch is just awful with cotton. OK with wool though, but oh so boring.....

3:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »

11:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home