mooknits

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Remember Me ?!

Well here I am again - at last I hear you say - I just know you have been dying to hear from me ! I've been so busy it's not true. We have managed to just about get the house finished - we had agents round yesterday to view and value it and we are putting it on the market as from tomorrow - they are coming round to take pictures in the morning, so I need to get it all looking ship shape, but apart from that and a few finishing pieces that the father in law is currently doing - we are good to go. James leaves for Oman tomorrow evening - so I'm preparing myself for the long lonely nights of knitting ! Hooray - well I'll miss him of course but on the plus side I get to have full control of the remote control and knit as much as I like !

On the knitting front, I have nearly finished the back of Manhattan, and she is looking good. I had a bit of a fit and decided that the moss stitch just wasn't good enough and undid it all and started again - I'm much happier this time around. Now all I need to do is get on with it, but I keep getting distracted. At the weekend I decided to knit myself this lovely bias t-shirt in my Hipknits silk. I thought I had the tension about right, I knitted the front, but it was way too short, so I have decided to do it again, on slightly bigger needles and in the larger size - I hope it will work out this time. I have also decided to purchase some of the yarn that it is supposed to be knitted in and try that out - I think this could be a really good top for a hot country, comfortable, cotton and cool - Only trouble is I have been having real problems finding anywhere in the UK that stocks Phildar yarns. I have found this shop in Holland that does it, and it doesn't seem too madly expensive, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a shop in the UK that might sell Phildar yarns. I have found a shop called Strands that sell some Phildar bits, and I am planning on purchasing three of the pattern books from them, 'cause they just look too good to resist, but I can't seem to get hold of the yarn, I need for the t-shirt in the UK, it's called Phil Ruben. Any ideas or tips anyone ?

I received a lovely knitting book this morning - look


My New Book Posted by Picasa

I know, I know, I'm probably not going to need scarves in the desert heat, but I can always do them as gifts - can't I ??? I love doing scarves and I'm not about to give them up - so there. I have waited ages for this book - I ordered it on 30 July from Amazon and I just received it today. I am still waiting for the Last Minute Knitted Gifts book - which looks like it won't be here until some time in October - so if anyone has any ideas where I can get that book from sooner that would be great - I need that book !

Does anyone else have the Knitware software ? I got it for my birthday and decided to use it to design a cardi for a new baby that is arriving soon - I used the standard sizings and programmed in for a 4.5kg baby - the pattern seems to have come out way too big - I am doing a large moss stitch band across the bottom, and it being done in Cotton Glace and it has told me to cast on 64 stitches - this seems like way too many to me - am I wrong or is it and should I just override the standard sizes and use the custom sizes - maybe that's what I should do.

Anyway - I shouldn't be away for so long now, I'm going to be on my own, so my computer is going to be very important to me !



5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'd ring Strands and ask them, you'll have to order the books over the phone anyway (their computer is at home not in the shop lol).

She's a lovely lady and not all their stuff is on the site, she spent ages last time I spoke to her telling me what yarn they had and what the patterns were in the new book! lol

Happy knitting and hope the house sells soon for you!

Anna

10:25 pm  
Blogger becks said...

i missed you! glad you're around again :)
good luck with the house selling - bake bread and things...!

11:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steph from Six skeins Under has got the Knitware software and uses it all the time it seems. Contact her (her link in in my sidebar). For Phildar I have used an online shop in Belgium and they are very efficient, visit Le blog de Caro (also on my sidebar) and click on her Phildar link (left down the page). As far as I know Strands is the only supplier of Phildar in the UK.

1:34 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

Lonely nights are great for knitting and of course you can keep in touch with all of us ;)

11:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »

10:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home