mooknits

Friday, September 16, 2005

Book Mad!

I've gone barmy for knitting books - I think it's a siege mentality - I know that when I go to Oman there will be very little chance of purchasing knitting books and so I'm going mad for them now ! Firstly my Phildar purchases. I managed to get three books from Strands and they are fabulous.


Philar Mad Posted by Picasa

I love them all - there are loads of things in them that I will knit - as long as the internet stores will send me yarn to Oman ! I hope they will or I'm going to have to ask you all to send me emergency parcels !

A very good friend of mine lives in France - has done for many years and I remember her knitting Phildar bits once many moons ago - I had forgotten all about them - I'm so glad I re-found them.

I also received this lovely book from my sister for my Birthday.


My Birthday Present Posted by Picasa

I love so many things in here I could really go mad, but I think I'm going to go for Lizzy. She is just beautiful and I want to make her so badly - I would like to use the Noro Silk Garden that the love Becks gave me during SP5 - I love the colour so much - I need to get some more so that I will have enough to do it, but I think it will be sound investment - it will be a perfect air con cardie and one I can wear with jeans when I come home to visit. I'm excited now ! I've got far too much knitting I want to do.

Jacob and I are doing OK without our James so far, I know it's only been a day and a bit, but the first couple of weeks are the hardest I think - once you get used to it it's not so hard to manage, but Jacob was blowing kisses out of the front door last night to James and asking where he was. He just doesn't understand, bless him. Still hopefully won't be too long before we join him. He seems to think that Muscat is very nice so far, warm of course, but interesting and a comfortable place to be - I'm looking forward to it - I just want to get on with it really. The sooner we sell the house the better. I have approved the details today, so it should be on the market in the next few days, they are just going to get the details printed and then we are off - I hope people are interested in it, you just never know do you ?!

Right - I've loads I need to do, chores and then knitting I think while Jacob is sleeping.

5 Comments:

Blogger becks said...

what a good choice for the yarn! that little cardy is lovely!!!
and nice books too - i love knitting books and get so hooked on them... and if you need emergency parcels don't worry! i'm sure there are lots of people willing to help! (that does include me :)
Thanks for that knitting class advice - i think i might just do it!
see you in a week or so!
becks x

8:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One can't have too many knitting books... even in Oman!...

12:06 am  
Blogger littlelixie said...

Helllooooo - just checking in to see how your preparations are going x

10:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

9:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »

1:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home