mooknits

Monday, January 02, 2006

Roll on 2006

Hello everyone - had to quickly drop in to wish everyone a wonderful 2006. 2005 has been a very interesting year for us - a lot has changed and I'm hoping for a more peaceful 2006 ! I wish you all a wonderful new year and many hours of happy knitting.

I have unfortunately run out of yarn for Manhattan - I ordered some more - actually I have ordered another 4 balls - which is quite a lot for a pattern to be short don't you think - anyway it is being delivered to my parents in law house and they are bringing it out with them when they come on 12 January. I am hoping to finish the lovely garment while they are here and then they can take it back with them for delivery to the very patient recipient !

I have started Ballerina and I think she is going to be a bit of a labour of love ! Knitting on circulars does not come easily to me, as my natural state is with a needle stuffed under my armpit. Still my Mum is worth it and I shall soldier on. I am sure it will look fabulous when it is done. It is actually rather nice to do something a bit scary ! Do you know what I mean ? this is knit so differently from anything else I've ever done - it will be interesting to see how it is all put together. I do have a bit of an issue with some of the translations in the pattern some of it is rather unclear, but I have just decided to make executive decisions about what it means and just get on with it - if I deliberate over every ambiguity I'll never get it done and my Mum will be waiting years and that's just not fair !

Right I have to go - Jacob is at nursery for a couple of hours and I need to make the most of it.

Take care all - have a lovely rest of holiday if you are still on holiday !

Oh it rained here yesterday - it was odd it was actually cool - about 19 Degrees and we felt just justified staying inside and watching telly and knitting - well I knitted James obvioulsy didn't ! Jacob was wearing jeans and a jumper - it was very strange indeed - still back to normal today, it's sunny and lovely again.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sweetpea4kids said...

Happy new year - at least it brought you a cool day.

I'm so excited to see Manhattan, and what a lucky recipient. I'm sure she doesn't mind waiting a little extra time for you to finish her.

p.s. I'm also an armpit knitter, and circulars arn't that bad.

12:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Becky!

1:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year !

4:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy new year becky! sorry this is ever so late, some catching up to do...
becks x

3:38 am  
Blogger susoolu said...

Very belated happy new year!

Yes, you *must* sign up for the Knitting Olympics - and of course you are Team GB (if you want). We seem to be a rather disorganised team, but gathering in strength. And if you are feeling hot in Oman, watching Winter Olympics will be sure to cool you down.

2:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Cystocele and high blood pressure Nissan serena Cfnm cum Pepco online bill handbags knockoffs wholesale Interactive scrabble Discovery land rack roof rover insurance mortgage natwest online bingo free Liquid nutrition supplement Dragon ball gt game online botox bei augenlid http://www.honeywell-humidifier-9.info/Bingo1.html o'sullivan 3 shelf bookcase

4:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Progressive bingo Nissan frontier lift kits car prices free fax software baseball bat http://www.best-rated-dishwasher.info Buy us agency email lists evolutions of internet advertising Beauty by essence proactiv product solution youthful Shockwave blackjack Muscle stimulator pain relief

12:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home