mooknits

Monday, March 27, 2006

WIP's

I thought it was about time I update you all on my progress on WIP's - I seem to have had far too many things on the go recently and just no energy to do any of them at all. I have just finished another baby cardi that I forgot to photograph ! The friend that I knitted the two recent cardi's for is going to lend them to me tomorrow so that I can photograph them ! so updates to follow.

Apart from those I have been doing my diagonal front cardi - well I haven't done anything on this for ages, but I'm hoping to finish it before I go home for the summer as I think I may need it being as the weather is so hot here at the moment - I think the UK even in summer, is going to be a bit of a shock to the system !

Anyway - here's the pink dream so far.



It's very pink indeed and a bit of a statement - but I'm hoping that with a suntan, my pink Birkenstocks and a very large tummy that precludes good taste, I'll be able to carry it off !

We also have Ballerina - which is a Hanne Falkenberg kit that I bought last year. This is being knitted for my Mum, it's for her Birthday and Christmas last year - so it needs to be just right. I am a bit worried about this one I have to say. I have put a lot of work into this and I recently measured the back to find that it is about 20cm short - this is going to be disasterous if it's the final measurement. It's never going to fit my Mum and it's going to be another wasted knit - oh yes I've knitted things for her before that she never wears ! My gauge seems to be just fine, so I am hoping that there is lots of stretching going to be happening during the blocking process, but can I really increse the back length by 20cms ? Anyway, as luck would have it, my Mum is coming out for a visit next week - which we are very excited about, so she can see it herself and see what she thinks - I'm hoping I'm not going to have to undo the whole thing and start again - this has been a big challenge for me - circular, small needles and a pattern that, well, leaves a lot to be desired - the first half is very detailed and not to difficult and then it more or less says, the second half is a mirror image of the first - get on with it ! - aghhhh I'm hoping I'm not going to mess it up too much.

Anyway, here it is.



The pale blue bit is a provisional cast on, which is something that I have never done before - there are lots of things on this cardi that I have never done before and I have to say that the lack of good information throughout the pattern - like stitch counts after you have done something major - has not made it the easiest of learning processes. Still I'm proud that I have managed to get as far as I have and I'm hoping it's not all going to be wasted - I think I'll have to cry if I have to undo it all. It's going to be quite hard to get this one finished being as I feel so sick ALL THE TIME - still I am determined that Mum will be wearing it soon and so I must get on with it. Turn up that A/C, Ballerina here I come.

I'll hopefully be back tomorrow with some piccies of the baby bits I have just finished.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Urrggh - sorry you're still feeling so sick. It will pass, it will pass, it will pass (but while it lasts it really sucks - you have my sympathy).

I love the pink - it looks a fun knit.

And although I love the look of Ballerina (and have been lusting after one for myself) it looks like it's being less of a fun knit. I'm sure it will be beautiful when it's finished.

7:06 pm  
Blogger Sharon said...

Beautiful knitting, I am not really a pink girl but I do own pink Birkenstocks, but you with your tan, you lucky girl, will knock 'em dead ;)

By the way how are you surviving your pregnancy in your hot climate???

2:25 am  
Blogger becks said...

hey - congratulations! when i got your comments i thought you'd just found internet access again but no, you're back! so glad, you've been missed! and with such good news too! congratulations - and happy baby knitting!!!

11:01 pm  
Blogger littlelixie said...

I've been absent too long - another little mooknit!!!! How exciting - many congratulations. Just sorry they're so late. The hanne jacket looks astonishing. One day I too will be so brave xx

11:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
Free teen lingerie

3:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »

8:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home