mooknits

Thursday, May 11, 2006

What a Relief

Well first of all let me just say that I totally missed the one year anniversary of my blog it was on 27 April it would seem - however other things were on my mind at the time I think - anyway Happy Birthday blog - I can't do anything exciting like giving stuff away, because I just can't get anything good here.

That said - I have been online shopping today and it felt wonderful - I haven't bought any yarn for ages and it felt so good to give that debit card a yarn bashing - so what did I buy - well first of all I bought some gorgeous Aran Weight Cashmere from hipknits in the Summer Pudd colourway - I cannot wait to get my grubby little paws on this yarn - I'm going to knit a Clapotis from it - I was going to do it as a gift but frankly my determination on this point is already wavering and I only ordered the yarn a couple of hours ago - I think I may have to find something else to knit the gift Clapotis in as I've been coverting a purple one for ages - I think that purple Clapoti ( is that the correct plural ?) look like fields of lavender and I know a cashmere Clapotis is not that practical in Oman - but what the hey - we are hoping to go skiing next year if I'm not pregnant by then and it will be very useful then - well that's my excuse for keeping it and I'm sticking to it !

As well as the fab cashmere - I made some great purchases from Get Knitted, some Artesano Alpaca Inca Cloud in Oatmeal (for a Ruffles scarf, another useful piece for Oman) and Teal for random baby wear at some later date. I also ordered some Hip Knits sock yarn in Bouquet - which is fab. Not only that I ordered a few pairs of the Brittany Knitting needles and a copy of the Vogue Spring magazine.

I haven't bought so much knitting stuff in years and it is wonderful to have done it. I'm planning a few more purchases when I come back to the UK for my summer break at the end of June. The down side is that I won't receive any of this stuff until I'm back in the UK, so that is a bit of a wait - but it will fabulous when I do get it, well worth the wait - that cashmere along is making me drool !

I am making good progres with the Debbie Bliss Diagonal Front Jacket, I have finshed the main body and one sleeve and have started the second sleeve - I'm looking forward to getting it done - it was supposed to have been finished during the Olympics afterall. I think it's going to be a fab wear in the UK and once I've finished this it is back on with the Ballerina.

Right I'm off to knit, just put away that debit card and keep me away from the computer I'm feeling dangerous !

2 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Good for you Becky, some serious yarn enhancing going on there.

2:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you're making me very jealous Becky. Cashmere?? I love it! Made myself a gorgeous cashmere scarf over the winter. Haven't even worn it yet! Looks like you've been having a ball online. I have to try and stay off as well. You must have so many tales to tell living in such a wonderful part of the world!

7:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home