mooknits

Monday, November 10, 2008

Fair but not so Lovely

I was just sitting here on my sofa thinking and what I was thinking about was this



Over here in the Middle East there is a huge array of skin lightening products available, much the same I guess as we have fake tan in the UK. Even the big brands such as Lancome, Clinique etc do them. Only here these products are marketed so overtly it is untrue - the ad above we actually have on TV here and we marvel every time we see it how they can get away with so blatently saying that if you lighten your skin you will get the job you want - just amazing. Why should it be so that if you have light skin you will get all that you wish for in life. I totally understand the philosophy behind it - if you have fair skin it means that you don't have to work out in the fields - that you are too rich to have to work at all and should be waited on hand and foot at every available opportunity - trust me, there is plenty of that attitude here - but do people really believe that if you have fair skin you will get the job you want ? I don't know - do you ?

I shall try to be back later with actual knitting content.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home