mooknits

Friday, August 18, 2006

The Fruits of England

Well I've had quite a time back in good old Blighty - saw lots of friends and did far too much. Visited numerous zoos, an aquarium (Blue Planet near Liverpool, which was excellent), a museum, multitudonous parks and copious shops. Of all these things I have to say yarn shopping came close to the top of the list. I hadn't realised how much I had missed fondelling that lovely yarn in real life. Looking at it on the internet is all well and good, but for top dollar gratification it has to be a lovely yarn shop and plenty of time and money to waste. And waste it I did - want to see !!?



Some All Seasons Cotton to knit a jumper for a friend's little boy - she assures me it will get some use here in Oman - I'm not so sure, but who am I to complain about an opportunity to knit !



Some Blue Lana Grossa Binario - that I was sort of persuaded to buy by the lovely lady in Stash (which is a much visit shop I have to say). I have the pattern to knit a vest top with this - not sure that I will ever actually do it, and if I do if I will ever wear it, but we shall see.



Some blue Dune - to knit a cropped wrap cardy for me - I just fell in love with the pattern on this one and hope it's going to look OK - I'm not normally one for novelty yarn, but I seem to have ended up with quite a bit of it this time.



Some lovely pink Cashcotton to knit a little bolero cardy for a little girl that I know - I hope she like it !




A little selection of Cotton Cashmere and some lovely shades of ribbon, destined to become little stripey bags that tie up - when I've got the time !



A ball of the craziest yarn I have ever seen. It is Feza Premier and was £12.45 a ball so I only got one ! but I thought it would fun to try and do a belt with - apparently it self stripes in all manner of textures, can't wait to try it, if only I didn't have to de-hank it first !



Some Firefly yarn to knit another tie front bolero thing, but this one is an evening one - I hope I wear it - it might just be too sophisticated for me !



A couple of balls of the most revolting Funky Fur destined to becone a OSW for a little girl that will wear nothing but pink !



Some lovely lovely lovely Colinette Giotto yarn, destined to become a cardy - I have absolutely fallen in love with this yarn - it is just amazing and I can't wait to get started on it - again once I've gone through the traumatic de-hanking process.



Some fabulous blue Pure Silk destined to become a little tie front bolero cardy - do we see a theme here !??? I love this yarn it's so soft - I wonder what it will knit up like - I hope it's fab!



Some Velvet Touch and Shimmer yarn to make a poncho for another little girl - it's so awful it's good wouldn't you agree !!! Actually this poncho is nearly finished now, it's a bit of a quick knit !



A ball of Wendy Fusion because I fell in love with the colours and I'd never seen it before - so there !



Some Wool Cotton to knit a little cardy for Jacob - well I coudn't leave him out could I ? I have also got another little crop of Wool Cotton in Dark Olive green to do a cardy for another friend's little boy, but that's underway and I couldn't be bothered to go downstairs to photograph it.



A haul of fabulous HipKnits Cashmere in the Summer Pudding colourway - this is to become a Clapotis for me - I have no need of it, but I need it in a much deeper way that on a practical level.



Some bright red Cashsoft Aran for a project that I can't talk about unless I shoot you and that just isn't possible - so you'll have to wait !

I also have four balls of Artesano Alpaca in Jade and five in Oatmeal being sent to me as I couldn't fit them in the case - oh and a hand of Hipknits sock yarn in Bouquet - it's gorgeous.

Well do you think I went over the top - no - good - I'm glad you agree - not so sure the hubby agrees - he hasn't said anything, but there have definately been some looks - still he spent a fortune on new tyres for his Hummer so that he can go up sand dunes - like he needs to do that all the time - well he does sometimes, but well the principle is the same - isn't it ?!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! All together it does look impressive, but it really needs to be looked at as divided between the months between now and when you next visit the UK - and then it's trivial - you could have bought sooooo much more ;-)

6:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW ! What a lot of stuff ! Even i have bought some of the stuff that you made emmas shrug from, and some other funky stuff - although i'll only be making scarves ! I think thats the extent of my ability for now ! I cant send you a picture coz they are already packed ! looking forward to seeing you next week. Helen xxxx

8:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good shopping ! Pretty restrained,I think.
The only painless way to ''de-hank'' is with a swift and ball winder. They seem expensive but are worth every penny. Really !
Glad you had a great time visiting the U.K. I was going to say home,but that's really where you and your boys live,wherever that may be.

2:58 am  
Blogger becks said...

wow! what incredible stash building (round of applause). looking forward to seeing what you do with it all!

12:03 pm  
Blogger Sharon said...

Oh wow what a fantastic stash enhancing expedition!!

You know that I love Rowan so of course that definately caught my eye but there was one stand out for me, the casmere in the summer pudding colourway and to make into a clapotis, YUM!!

7:34 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great haul!

2:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home