mooknits

Friday, June 30, 2006

Last Minute News

Hey there - Jacob and I are flying off to the UK this afternoon for a six week holiday - sadly James is staying behind to earn the bread and butter ! But we are excited - I think it's going to be fun.

A friend of mine just hot footed a couple of photos to me of her daughter wearing a One Skein Wonder that I knitted for her and they were so fab I had to share them with you before we jetted off.






This little beauty is knitted in Wendy Cosmic I think - it was something that I picked up at a show last year and thought would be good as an edging (and it is I already used it to edge a lovely blue cotton jumper for a little girl) anyway - this was a bit of a blighter to knit and you have to do it all in one sitting otherwise there is no way of telling which is the right and the wrong side ! Picking up the stitches was - interesting - but I soldiered through and the recipient is delighted with it, so that is the main thing.

Right I'm off to have brekkie and finish the packing - see you later.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Have a great time back 'home'

10:38 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have a fabulous vacation Becky. You sound so excited. I order all my yarn from the UK. Believe it or not, its less expensive than ordering it right here in Canada.

Your One Skein Wonder is simply fabulous. What a beautiful little girl!!

Your Diagonal-Front Jacket turned out smashing!! I am finishing up the collar on mine today. Managed to find a place in the UK to order that extra yarn I needed thank goodness!! I made the largest size. I like my cardigans with lots of room.

7:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute.

Have a great trip.

7:37 am  
Blogger susoolu said...

So cute! You made one little girl so very, very happy.

Have a fantastic time back 'home'.

2:41 pm  
Blogger becks said...

how cute is that??! hoping you're having a fabulous british break (sun's shining for you!) and wanted to say thanks for the wedding comments. it's lovely to come back to nice thoughts of your day!
x

11:58 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »

9:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! meeting gay men atlanta bandages big unnatural tits Ace impotence inhibitor Minuteman oriental area rug tooth whitening

7:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home