mooknits

Friday, April 29, 2005

Flowers Everywhere

Well, it's done - I've actually done my first bit of felting. It was much easier than I thought it would be. I had been a daunted by the idea of it to start with, but once I understood what was to be done, I was away. I'm really pleased with the results. I'm giving this one to a friend and I'm in the process of making another one for myself - I think I could easily get a bit carried away with this and make a whole garden of flowers ! Still it would be lovely for winter to cheer things up - I think these could become staple birthday and Christmas presents, along with scarves and hats !

I'm currently having an internal debate on what to knit next. A friend of mine is having a baby in May and she hasn't told anyone the sex of the baby. She has however knitted it a little cross over cardigan in dark pink - so I'm guessing it's a girl. If it is a girl, so I would really like to knit her a little dress in pale blue or pink and then a little cardy and knickers in stripes of either pale blue and cream of pale pink and grey. However if it isn't a girl I'm in trouble if I've done only girl stuff. I know I should stick to neutral things, but that's so boring and I so want to do this lovely little set. Oh what to do - do I risk it, or not. I suppose I could risk it and then if it isn't a girl I could hold onto it for whoever next does have a girl and quickly whip her up something boyish. Oh dear - what to do - I need to get on with it as well, she is due end of May, but she usually has her babies early !