mooknits

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Progress

My fingers have fair been flying just recently - I seem to have made real progress. I have finished the bag and scarf that I was doing for my friend from the wool that she just couldn't make progress with - they both look lovely and I really hope she likes them. I even managed to line the bag, which involved sewing on my machine - sewing has never been my strong point, but I really want to learn. So I was very pleased with myself on that.

I also finished my first ever sock - it's only an ankle sock and it's not that pretty, but it's finished and I'm chuffed with myself, so all I need to do now is do the second one to match and I'll be on my way.

I have also started the flower pin from Magknits - I've done the petals for two pins and one set are in the machine as we speak felting away merrily I hope. I've never done felting before, so this is another new experience for me.

I've also re-started a cardigan that I began for myself nearly three years ago - I was never happy with the pattern, but didn't really have the confidence then to alter it - now I feel much braver and I have taken some executive decisions on the style and I'm off again. It's in very chunky wool - Sirdar Super Nova - but since it is going to be mid calf length, I think it's going to take me a little while to get done - still it's something I can pick up when I don't want to think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home